cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Not able to edit the final analysis results in already developed spreadsheet.

nbitla
1-Newbie

Not able to edit the final analysis results in already developed spreadsheet.

Hello, I have a spreadsheet which was developed by anohter firm and was made to use. I was able to make the dit to the spread shett the way i wanted it but when it came to the results at the end, I am not able to edit the already exisiting table (matrix) that is provided by the developer. Can someone please help me on how I can edit the "Analysis Results" on the last 2 page of the attached file. Thank you

-Nav

P.S: I am trying to edit/delete few sections in the "Analysis Criteria" in last 2 pages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:nbitla)

Can you please advice me on how I can edit the the variables R1 and R2?

There is a hidden but fortunately not password protected area right above "Analysis Results" where the text is defined and calculations are done.

I made is visible in the attached sheet. Double click the yellow bar and enjoy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

If you grab the table and move it to the right you will see that it is an evaluation, and the variable and evaluation operator were hidden under a blank region. So you can't edit them. You need to edit the statements that are used to create the variables R1 and R2.

Hey Richard, thank you. I have seen that R1 and R2 are hidden under a blank region. If I type "R1 = "on the right it gives me the matrix. Giving me the number of rows and columns and I cannot do anything further thne that I wanted to delete few statements and do few edits.

I want to edit the variables R1 and R2. Like I want to delete the whole " Section A1-A1: Compressive Stess Left Edge" and all the corresponding information of it.

And I wanted to edit " Section A2- A2 : Maximum Average Shear Stress" to " Section A2- A2: Uniform Average Shear Stress". And things like that.

Thank you.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

There is a hidden but fortunately not password protected area right above "Analysis Results" where the text is defined and calculations are done.

I made is visible in the attached sheet. Double click the yellow bar and enjoy.

Werner, Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your help.

Naveen

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Immediately above the evaluations of R1 and R2 are their definitions.

R1R2.png

The columns each have a header line "Analysis Criteria", etc and a nested vector of results below that. You need to eliminate the rows you don't want in all those vectors: text.1, pf.1, etc.

Edit: Actually, I only just realized they were in a hidden, collapsed region when I read Werner's post! I found them by searching for the defintions, which opened the region. IMO, hiding stuff this way is bad practice. It just leads to confusion.

Richard, Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Naveen

Top Tags