cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Numerical solution vs Analytical solution

mfduqued
1-Newbie

Numerical solution vs Analytical solution

Hi community,

I have a system equations 8x8, which I find its analytical solution with a approximation. I want solved numerically this system 8x8, but without this approximation. But I compare the analytical solution to numerical with approximation, and they aren't same. I used the command

linearsolve

this command has a error?, How many?

Thank you for your help and colaboration

mfduqued

5 REPLIES 5

Mauricio Fabian Duque Daza wrote:

Hi community,

I have a system equations 8x8, which I find its analytical solution with a approximation. I want solved numerically this system 8x8, but without this approximation. But I compare the analytical solution to numerical with approximation, and they aren't same. I used the command

linearsolve

this command has a error?, How many?

Thank you for your help and colaboration

mfduqued

Your command is requiring a linear method for solution, some problems will not be solved using linear methods. Try a solve block; if "Find" does not produce a solution, try "Minerr."

Thank you for your time, How do I try solve a block?

Look up solve blocks in Mathcad help

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mfduqued)

Exactly what are you comparing to what? It's not at all clear in your worksheet.

>I have a system equations 8x8, which I find its analytical solution with a approximation<

I won't trust that for a dime !

1. Check for reducing the system to symbolic solutions
MCADsolve_7.gif
2. NON-linear systems solve by Given/Find .
Levenberg-Marquardt is the general NL solver .
3. Watch for all sorts of culprits !
Top Tags