cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Odesolve solve block with vectors

ML_9447606
6-Contributor

Odesolve solve block with vectors

What would cause the "watertemp" not to graph? I implemented the same steps for I(t) as I did with Ta but the water temp on the graph remains a straight line.

6 REPLIES 6

Not a straight line

notStLi.png

Did you run everything as is? Now I am wondering if it is just the version of MathCad I am using. I am using the software we have on our university PC's. This is what I get when using the university software.

@ML_9447606 wrote:

Did you run everything as is? Now I am wondering if it is just the version of MathCad I am using. I am using the software we have on our university PC's. This is what I get when using the university software.

I hope you get the picture on the screen facing in the right direction as  I could imagine that it would be quite tedious and exhausting to use the computer in the headstand. 😀

Take a second look at Valerys picture - especially note the scale on the vertical axis!!

watertemp is decreasing, but very very slightly.

Werner_E_0-1602453557125.png

ML_9447606
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Well then......that explains everything! Thank you both for helping me even if it was just getting me to pay attention to detail!

Why do you not use units in your sheet?

I am trying to make sure I can get the equations themselves to work properly first then add the units and see if everything still processes. I guess what I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible first to make it easier on myself. It is eventually going to be a formula sheet for solving the temperatures in a basin solar still. Well hopefully.

Top Tags