cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Odesolve vs rkfixed etc

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Odesolve vs rkfixed etc

What can you say about it?

From one my artice:

"Operations of dividing a second-order differential equation into two first-order ones, transferring mass from the left side of the equation to the right side, turning a set of points into a function by interpolation, and so on. in Mathcad 15, the built-in Odesolve function automatically conducts, paired with the Given keyword. This function appeared relatively recently in the Mathcad environment and is not yet available in the SMath environment. The process of solving differential equations with Odesolve can be compared to driving a car with an automatic transmission. Working with the rkfixed function and others like it is driving a car with a manual gearbox. But real car enthusiasts (almost pros) prefer a car with a manual gearbox, which allows you to drive more professionally and save fuel."

Gravity train with two kind of friction.

Fig-8.png

1 REPLY 1

I would suggest 'to solve' is to do with understanding, while 'to fix' is to do with implementing.

For example, I have been attempting to solve (understand the cause & possible solutions for) a [medical | computer | mechanical |...] problem. Once I have solved the problem, I may be able to implement a fix for the problem using the potential solution/s I have identified. Or, I may not.

Top Tags