cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Output Mathcad Matrix to Excel with VBA

MM_10946130
5-Regular Member

Output Mathcad Matrix to Excel with VBA

Using Prime 9.0

Hello,

I have an Excel program with VBA code. When you click the "Calculate This Tab" button, it configures the input values in the designated Mathcad sheet (relative file path in cell D3) , and calculates the outputs accordingly. The point is that these values can easily be changed from Excel and the outputs are calculated based on the latest values and outputted back to Excel. The real program is working on a much larger scale, but I created a small scale version for simplicity here.

The problem I am having is when trying to output a Matrix back to Excel. I have not been able to get it to work in a seamless way. One thing I have tried is writing the Matrix output to a temporary csv file and then importing the data into excel through a sub function defined in the VBA code. This sort of works, but the problem with this is that the WRITECSV() function in Mathcad does not update when I run the macro from Excel even if I assign it as an Output like the others. I have to manually go into the Mathcad sheet and make sure it re-calculates to output the right data which essentially defeats my goal of using the Excel-macro interface to automate this process. In the VBA code, I am clearing the temp csv file after importing because I'd like to ensure the matrix output is based on the latest values in the excel and is not still showing an output from a previous configuration.

MM_10946130_0-1716178326202.pngMM_10946130_1-1716178342291.png

I am open to other suggestions on how I can better get the matrix output to my excel sheet if there is a better way of outputting the "Output" matrix to Excel directly instead of using the intermediary csv file, I just wasn't sure how else to do it. 
I'd appreciate any help with this and let me know if anything needs more clarification. I attached the zip folder with the files.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi 

Mathcad Prime COM API can be run from an Excel VBA program?  This means the Prime output data to Excel is possible and is ensured to be fresh when running the Excel and can be inserted into the Excel sheet.  You do not need to use csv file but transfer direct from Prime to Excel.

Will take some time to work this up for you as I am really busy this week.

Cheers

Terry

MM_10946130
5-Regular Member
(To:terryhendicott)

Hi Terry,
If you're able to work on this by sometime tomorrow, that'd be great. The main part is being able to output the matrix back to the excel sheet on each sheet run, but I understand if you're busy with other things.

Thanks

Hello @MM_10946130,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. If you found a solution on your own, please document it and mark it as accepted solution. This will surely help other users who may have a similar question.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags