cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0 and Autocad

aiman_alif
4-Participant

PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0 and Autocad

Hello there,

I have a drawing in autocad. Is it possible to connect both mathcad prime and autocad so that if i change my value in mathcad then the value in autocad change?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

There is essentially two ways to do this.

From the help reference.

"The PTC Mathcad Prime Application Programming Interface (API) is an automation interface that provides a mechanism for communicating with PTC Mathcad Prime from within another Windows application, including a custom stand-alone application that users write."

Autocad has an Application Programming Interface (API) as well.

You can write say a C++ or C# program that uses both API's to do what you require.  This is the first method.

Autocad uses a DXF drawing interchange format that is essentially a large text file with one piece of information on one line.  It is possible in both Mathcad 15 and Prime possible to read, write, and process DXF text files.

This is the second method.

Regards

Terry

Hi Terry,

Do you mind show me how to use the second method you mentioned? I already look at Mathcad and don't know where to add a dxf file.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have looked at the records I have kept between moving employers.  To keep intellectual property means you can't take files when you leave. I thus have no examples to hand of the second method and it will take some time to produce an example.

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

see enclosed PDF where Prime is used to change radius. Mathcad 15 is similar.  Circle is not at centre of rectangle.

Annotation 2020-07-27 181141.pngCapture.PNG

Cheers

Hi,

This is the Mathcad 15 file.  Using the file input and output components.

Capture.JPG

Announcements

Top Tags