cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Please help!! How to do that ?

ozurnali
1-Newbie

Please help!! How to do that ?

Develop a program code, which calculates and draws a 3D NURBS (Non-uniform b-spline) surface writing (burning, engraving) your name’s initial letter on surface. The inside or outside Offset Feature may be on a 3D (may be extrude, sweep, revolved, spline).This is similar to writing a label by laser on an object surface. First, you must define the control points of the 3D surface. Then modify the weights to deform and shape the surface. Students should write their own program file and, use different sizes and positions

6 REPLIES 6

Looks like you are looking for someone doing your homework!

Sure that you should develop in Mathcad?

If yes, go ahead and if you encounter Mathcad specific problems, come back here, post your file and ask.

You re wrong mate I don't want someone to do my project.I just need to obtain some opinions how to plot it..i reckon u should not be biased before don't  know anything about me ok?

Good day folks,

I am not taking sides; simply providing background.

Werner Exinger‌ is a very helpful member of the community and sure he meant no offence Omer.

Is there more information you can share about the problem / issue you are trying to solve?

Best,

Toby

Thank you I am sure he is ,I am a master student of mech. eng and this is one of my course's project.But the problem is that I don't know to utilize the Mathcad program very well.Hence I don't know how to plot my initial name on nurbs surface by extruding, sweeping or revolving.You can see some examples below and unfortunately I have just these ınformations as well

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Thanks for the clarification Omer and thank you for utilizing PTC Community.

Best,

Toby

You can start with Mathcad E-book "Сreating Amazing Images with Mathcad 14" by Byrge Birkeland: Creating Amazing Images with Mathcad 14

Top Tags