cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Plot an implicit function

ptc-4254605
1-Newbie

Plot an implicit function

I'm trying to plot the general solution for titrating an n-protic acid with an m-protic acid base. The solution cannot be expressed explicitly.

I've poked around in here and the manual but can find anything that really addresses the problem. I tried to find a way to make my function fill in a table and plot the table, but I can't get it to do even that.

File attaches as MathCad 14.0 file.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think your brackets confused Mathcad for some reason! Remove them and you get an explicit solution - see attached.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4254605)

Why are you trying to solve it symbolically?

Mike

Because I'm not familiar with MathCad and am curious to see how it works. And I wanted an explicit function because that would've been MUCH easier to work with.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

I think your brackets confused Mathcad for some reason! Remove them and you get an explicit solution - see attached.

Alan

I'll be cat-haired. Sho' nuff.

Take the brackets away, and MathCad can find an explicit solution.

I wish I knew how I managed to confuse MathCad. I bet it thought the Kw/[H] was part of the summation somehow.

I now have a general solution. Life is good.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

Top Tags