cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Plot marker positioning

Eng_ReyD_497
8-Gravel

Plot marker positioning

Is there a way to position the plot markers automatically based on a variable value instead of manually typing the value?

The vertical and horizontal markers, which are shown red & green in the attached image

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Eng_ReyD_497 wrote:

Is there a way to position the plot markers automatically based on a variable value instead of manually typing the value?

The vertical and horizontal markers, which are shown red & green in the attached image

Thanks

Just type the variable name into the place holder ...

2021 10 29 E.png

Stuart

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@Eng_ReyD_497 wrote:

Thanks

Just type the variable name into the place holder ...

2021 10 29 E.png

Stuart

Thanks @StuartBruff !

Simply type the name of the variable in the placeholder which is show in the upper left of your picture.

You only see the variable names when you click into the placeholder, otherwise you will still see the value, not the variable name.

The pic below was taken while the focus/cursor was in the placeholder for the vertical marker - thats the reason you see the variable name instead of the value.

Werner_E_0-1635540316911.png

EDIT: Stuart has beaten me in time. Guess we need a notification like "Somebody is already about to answer ..."

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E wrote:

EDIT: Stuart has beaten me in time. Guess we need a notification like "Somebody is already about to answer ..."

Don't worry, I did the same earlier.  There was nobody replying to a thread, so I started typing in an answer ... then I got distracted.   When I dragged myself back on task and posted, lo and behold, there was your answer!

I don't think it's too much of a problem, as answers can vary in quality, quantity, and having the right approach for the OP.

Stuart

I don't see much of a problem in multiple answers, too.

I was just thinking of a forum I frequent where an unobtrusive notice is shown when someone is answering. So you can decide whether you want to wait for this answer before you make your contribution. However, the notice there is so unobtrusive that it is regularly overlooked 😉

On the other hand a I came across a very restrictive behavior in another forum - there a thread is blocked if someone is answering and you have to first state how long aproximately it will take you to answer. Quite tedious, this forum and therefore not visited too often by me 😉 

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E wrote:

I was just thinking of a forum I frequent where an unobtrusive notice is shown when someone is answering. So you can decide whether you want to wait for this answer before you make your contribution. However, the notice there is so unobtrusive that it is regularly overlooked 😉

That sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

On the other hand a I came across a very restrictive behavior in another forum - there a thread is blocked if someone is answering and you have to first state how long aproximately it will take you to answer. Quite tedious, this forum and therefore not visited too often by me 😉 

😱

I don't think that forum would suit me at all. 

I have a very high distraction factor.  Oftentimes, I start off writing a response, then the Good Idea Fairy whispers in my ear or points to something, and I go chasing off after some interesting idea.  Even worse, the Pixie of Perfection(*) glowers at me accusingly until, like Zathras, I've covered all possibilities and my 3 line worksheet has transmogrified into "Война и Мир, Том Первый, Часить Первая".  It's quite common for me to resume typing a message only to find the system has timed me out.  So ist das Leben. ☹️

Stuart

(*)  Most of the time, the Pixie of Perfection can be found curled up in a corner, whimpering to itself, and murmuring, "The horror! The horror!".

Thanks @Werner_E !

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Eng_ReyD_497)

Just type the variable name into the place holder with unitless value as shown below. 

image.pngimage.png

@ttokoro wrote:

Just type the variable name into the place holde

Welcome to the club 😉

😀

Top Tags