cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Plots and Mathcad Prime 7

OM_10154742
6-Contributor

Plots and Mathcad Prime 7

Can we have gridlines to log scale in Chart component? As I change under gridlines it is not having any effect. Can somebody please help 

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:OM_10154742)

The 'Chart component' is a third-party module that was badly integrated into Prime by PTC. You can ask for it to support log grid lines but you'll have to wait....

If you want grid lines on a log plot NOW, use the ordinary Plot and attached routines.

Success!
Luc

Sorry, the wrong file was attached. Should be PrimeExpress_Grid.mcdx. Corrected now.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

The ordinary Plot and Grid function that   shows before.

image.pngimage.png

OM_10154742
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

Can you please share the file?

Otis

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

This function is shared by this community menbers.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hi Otis,

I inadvertently attached the wrong Prime file, that's corected now.

Success!

Luc

I agree that the Chart component is really badly integrated and is embarrassing useless for a couple of reasons.

BUT ... the chart component sure is able to get you the grid you'd like to see.

Chose log style AND also manually change the axis limits. If the zoom in the chart window is too small, you may not see the gridlines as expected, but you should see them in the Prime sheet after you close the chart windows.

Werner_E_0-1640094096890.png

Werner_E_1-1640094169352.png

The far too small font size and line width is because I use a notebook with a 4K display and the chart component does not scale properly. Thats one of the reasons I consider it a useless crap. Other reasons are its unintuitive interface, its incredible slowness, the fact that its does not support units, ..

Top Tags