cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Plotting a section of a sphere

adielseffrin
2-Guest

Plotting a section of a sphere

Hello,

'im following this thread
https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/spherical-plots/td-p/369091

to plot a sphere.

I thought I had understood all the procedure, converting the spherical coordinates into cartesian and plotting.

However, i've try to plot only a section of them (i.e. half of it, or form theta = 0 to theta = 3*pi/4) and didn't work.

I've try change the start and end values of range.

Can anyone give a hint where to find this subject to study or what modifications I need to do to be able to plot this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:adielseffrin)

This is from PTC Mathcad Education Worksheet Library. 

Tokoro

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Attach your worksheet here so we can see

- which version of Mathcad/Prime you are using

- what you have done so far

- were the problem could lie

- how we best could help you get up an running

While in the thread you are referring the function createmesh was not used because the OP for some reason did not want to use it, I would strongly advise that you use this function to create a mesh and then plot that mesh in the 3D plot.

Furthermore, if you are using Prime and not real Mathcad, you have to keep in mind that Prime is missing a lot of features and especially the 3D-plot capabilities in Prime are almost useless.

For the soon coming Prime 5 it was promised to include improved 2D-plot capabilities. Guess we would have to wait for Prime 6 or longer to get worthwhile 3D-plots.

Hi,

I'm using Mathcad 15.

I tried to reproduce following the ttokoro's answer and my plots look like a single line.

The attach he sends it's almost what I need, I just need to close the regions, but I guess this could be done by plotting more than one surface at the same time.

Following the example, I found the CeateMesh syntax in Mc15 it's a little bit different and tried to change.

But now, just checking before sent this answer, one plot works and the other still being a line.

There's something to refresh the plot or I need to do something specific before each plot?

I found!

One plot has the autoscale option enabled while the other doesn't.

Thanks!

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:adielseffrin)

This is from PTC Mathcad Education Worksheet Library. 

Tokoro

Top Tags