cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Plotting a trigonometric function

ptc-4947906
1-Newbie

Plotting a trigonometric function

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a plot to find the critical phase angle affecting a pipe.

When I created the calculation in Mathcad15 everything works fine. See the file attached.

When I reproduced the calculation in MathcadPrime3.0, I am getting errors such as "the variable is undefined", "plotting failed", etc. See the file attached

Can someone please let me know how to fix the MathcadPrime3.0 calculation?

I am having trouble calculating the lift of drag force for several values and then using these to create a plot. If input F(4) or F(6) everything is fine. But if I say F(x), and x is a matrix with several values, then the equation crashes.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

-Ritchie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Any specific reason for switching from Mathcad to Prime? After all its a step backward.

If you are happy with the Mathcad 15 sheet, why don't you try using the converter to turn it into a Prime sheet?

I don't see the function F() you are talking about but maybe you should lookup "vectorization" in the help.

From the first error message (the one in the collapsed region where you try to turn the range into a vector) it looks like you are using just Prime Express. Programming (as many other things) is seen as a premium feature and is not available in Prime Express.

Anyway I worked a bit through your file and marked some regions in red. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Any specific reason for switching from Mathcad to Prime? After all its a step backward.

If you are happy with the Mathcad 15 sheet, why don't you try using the converter to turn it into a Prime sheet?

I don't see the function F() you are talking about but maybe you should lookup "vectorization" in the help.

From the first error message (the one in the collapsed region where you try to turn the range into a vector) it looks like you are using just Prime Express. Programming (as many other things) is seen as a premium feature and is not available in Prime Express.

Anyway I worked a bit through your file and marked some regions in red. Hope it helps.

Top Tags