cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Prime 2.0 Text subscripts & superscripts

PhilipArnold
1-Newbie

Prime 2.0 Text subscripts & superscripts

Hi All,

I hope this hasn't been asked - how does one get superscripts and subscripts in text in Prime 2.0? None converted from my Mathcad 15 files.

Thanks,

Phil

6 REPLIES 6

Phil,

Unfortunately we weren't able to include subscripts and superscripts in text for Mathcad Prime 2.0. We are implementing them for Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Regards,

Mona

Subscripts and superscripts do not appear to be in Mathcad Prime 3.0 either. Will they be added before Mathcad 15 support is dropped?

Hello, anyone out there? No response to Kerry?

For what I do text subscripts and superscripts are necessary. Still in Mathcad 15 like Kerry because it isn't supported (as far as I can tell) in the Prime 3.0 release.

Will it be? Doesn't seem all that complicated.

Regards,

Phil

When I want to have subscripts and superscripts in Prime texts I use... pictures

Yes, its surprising how many features Prime is lacking of and some of them seem not to be that difficult to implement. There are a lot of good reasons for staying with MC15, text sub-/superscripts may be one of them.

But there is a workaround available in P3 for subscripts which wasn't in P2. You can use Math regions inside a text region (ctrl-shift-M) like we could do since ... in Mathcad (ctrl-shift-A). So if you reference a subscripted variable that way in your text you have the added benefit of a consistent typeface.

But of course I am aware that this is not a solution for every situation and I fully agree - we need sub-/superscripts in text regions.

It seems to be (unbelievably!!!) for PTC.

Raiko

Top Tags