cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Prime 3.1: Method for converting range variable to vector no longer works!

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Prime 3.1: Method for converting range variable to vector no longer works!

In Mathcad 15, if I want to convert a non-integer range variable to a vector, I can use several techniques, including this:

However, in Prime 3.1 all I get is this:

I want to complain! 

Stuart

8 REPLIES 8

I want to complain!

Responsive as PTC usually is, you sure will get feedback and a solution very soon.

Let them please a little bit of time, because they just have to first implement MDAs and a few other odds and ends.

Seems like the internal loops are now implemented differently.

Some other of the old and dirty tricks still work, like the assignment with in-line evaluation:

vec.png

Werner

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

I want to complain!

Responsive as PTC usually is, you sure will get feedback and a solution very soon.

Let them please a little bit of time, because they just have to first implement MDAs and a few other odds and ends.

Seems like the internal loops are now implemented differently.

Some other of the old and dirty tricks still work, like the assignment with in-line evaluation:

vec.png

Werner

I'm not normally paranoid, but I'm beginning to think they do these things just to annoy me. 

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

I'm not normally paranoid, but I'm beginning to think they do these things just to annoy me. 

You are not paranoid. They do

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

You are not paranoid. They do

Thank goodness for that! I thought I was going crazy. 

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This at least still works:

You do have to define the range variable though, because it won't let you pass a range value as an argument (why?).

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

This at least still works:

As does my vec function ... thankfully,

You do have to define the range variable though, because it won't let you pass a range value as an argument (why?).

Tell me about it, already.   I pointed this out years ago ... Re: Convert Nested Array to Matrix

Stuart

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

So they've implemented the behaviour of good-old Mcad 11:

into Prime 3.1:

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

LucMeekes wrote:

So they've implemented the behaviour of good-old Mcad 11:

into Prime 3.1:

Luc

I do hope the loss of recursive local functions in Prime isn't a step towards the "good-old M11 behaviour" of *no* local functions!

Stuart

Top Tags