cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Prime 6.0 Options for Mathcad 15 features such as Combo Box, Radio Button

wbelden
3-Visitor

Prime 6.0 Options for Mathcad 15 features such as Combo Box, Radio Button

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Mathcad v15 to Mathcad Prime 6.0 (work related, not by choice).

I have converted my old v15 files to Prime using the tool, but it resulted in a bunch of differences (see attached Conversion Log image).  Most seemed minor editorial but there were a bunch of unsupported calculations which after reviewing seem to be limited to components no supported by Prime: Combo Boxes and Radio Buttons (See attached example image from my v15 file).

From searching online and on this forum I have learned that Prime decided not to implement these useful functions for some unknown silly reason.  So what I am hoping to find here is anybody who can help me with some replacement options that do exist in Prime that can provide the same functionality.

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:wbelden)

Prime features these fine Tables (See "Matrices/Tables" tab). Tables are ONLY for input!

You can do this:

LucMeekes_0-1590703445908.png

I'm afraid this is it. You'll have to live with it, or run back to Mathcad 15.

Prime 4 file attached.

Success!
Luc

Thanks @LucMeekes, this was very helpful.  It would be nice to have the simpler options but if I do have to use Prime than I can make it work.

Hi,

It is possible to write VB or C# programs to interface in an API with Prime that can mimic what you are after.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-Interface-API/m-p/586088

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags