cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Prime 8.0 Staggered output in embedded spreadsheets

RantEng
12-Amethyst

Prime 8.0 Staggered output in embedded spreadsheets

I've been running into a repeating problem with the output equations on embedded Excel spreadsheets.  The visual width of an embedded spreadsheet is limited by the width of the input and output expressions.  Because of this, I organize my I/O equations carefully.  

Sometimes, I find that my spreadsheet is now wider than the page it is on.  If expand and look at the output equations, they are spread out and staggered across the page.  Not at all like I left them.  Blow is a screen shot.  You can see that they are plainly staggered wider than the page.

RantEng_0-1673981707091.png

It should look like this.

RantEng_1-1673981860397.png

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening.  This is a repeating problem across several documents with embedded spreadsheets.

1 REPLY 1
Perez
12-Amethyst
(To:RantEng)

Yes, I understand the problem. Avoid writing lengthy formulas directly within the Mathcad input expression region. If you need to conceal many formulas, consider adding a collapsible area above the Excel component. Within this area, you can perform all necessary calculations and programming. Aim to keep the input expression minimal and straightforward, like this:

Perez_0-1710529119818.png

Perez_1-1710529136711.png

The variable UnitPrice is calculated before the Excel component is reached. There's no need for all variables to be defined within the input expression's math region for it to function correctly. Any variables you wish to use within the Excel component should be defined beforehand and can be neatly organized inside a collapsible area if preferred. This same principle applies to the output expression area.

Top Tags