cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Prime Help without advertisement

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Prime Help without advertisement

Whenever I start Prime's help, after a (rather long) while in the right panel there is appearing advertisement about e-learning, PTC university etc. at the top.

This is very annoying, especially as I aready began to read the text and when the commercial appears all text is scrolled down.

I have a paid copy of the software and so want to get rid of that scam - where is the option to do so?

18 REPLIES 18

Werner Exinger wrote:

Whenever I start Prime's help, after a (rather long) while in the right panel there is appearing advertisement about e-learning, PTC university etc. at the top.

This is very annoying, especially as I aready began to read the text and when the commercial appears all text is scrolled down.

I have a paid copy of the software and so want to get rid of that scam - where is the option to do so?

Prime 3?

Prime 3, but it was the same with Prime 2 help.

I guess PTC will call it a feature and additional help, but then a simple small entry in the menu line would suffice.

The way this is implemented is like a huge fist in my eye. I find it extremely annoying. It may be OK in Prime xpress but its sure not tolerable in a paid copy of the software.

PTC shows similar attitude in the "quality agent". Here it should be a matter of opt-IN if I want to enable it or install at all.

Show the picture please.

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Show the picture please.

Which one? 😉

Werner Exinger wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Show the picture please.

Which one? 😉

With this advertisement!

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Werner_E)

As its obviously not clear to all what I was talking about - here are the screenshots. But I guess that I am not alone and that all of you experience the same, unless there is a hidden switch to turn this nasty nagscreen off.

When I start help and/or select a topic this is what I see first (and thats OK):

scam1.png

after a few seconds, I already began to read about the greater than operator e.g., this huge ad apears, the display jumps and I have to scroll down to continue reading. This is highly annoying and also a waste of space.

scam2.png

How can I get permanently rid of it?

I am very sympathy You, if an innocent advertising may annoy You

Switch off Internet and no spam - no problem

No ad is innocent, but in some situations you have to accept it. And in this case its annoying, distracting, hinders the worksflow, is placed wrongly and takes up miuch too much space.

My sympathy to you,too, when you are ready to accept that so joyfully.

Werner Exinger wrote:

Sorry, Ai nou Inglish veri plokho.

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Google translate is your friend 😉

But now lets see if there are more opinions and maybe a comment by PTC staff.

Maybe we have a chance to get rid of this annoyance. I know thats not the foremost problem with Prime, but at least one that looks like it could be addressed easily - provided the will to do so.

Werner Exinger wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Google translate is your friend 😉

I disconnected Internet to not see a PTC advertising

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Magic PTC - they are running a forum you can access even without being connected - great! 😉

Werner Exinger wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Magic PTC - they are running a forum you can access even without being connected - great! 😉

PlanetPTC is in my local net

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Oh! Please take out my deepest condolences. 😉

Werner Exinger wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Oh! Please take out my deepest condolences. 😉

It was a joke!

It was a joke!

Sure, I hoped so!

Werner Exinger wrote:

It was a joke!

Sure, I hoped so!

It is impossible without jokes - in Russia in first line...

Switch off Internet and no spam - no problem

Really? Why not do the job properly: Switch off Prime and no problem. But isn't the software written to be used?

At least I want to be internet connected and I want to use the Prime (OK, not really on a regular basis yet as long as MC15 still is superior), I simply want to switch off the huge annoyance - is that really too much to ask for?

Furthermore I don't like the idea of a local installed help connecting permanently automatically over the internet without my agreement. I demand an option to turn this off! Ther is so much space wasted right at the top of the help window, too. Why not just place a button "more help online" there.

Announcements

Top Tags