cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Problem with Graphs in Mathcad 15

RichardChristen
1-Newbie

Problem with Graphs in Mathcad 15

I recently opened a couple of worksheets in Mathcad 15 that I hadn't used in 4-5 years. They were created in an earlier version. The graph scales in these worksheets contain one or more numbers with a large number of decimals; for instance 0.299999999999 instead of 0.3. The number of these that appear in any particular axis (always the vertical) varies with the number of increments I assign to that axis. I've tried to change the number of digits after the decimal point [Format:Number Format] but nothing changes.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a bug. If you make the y-axis go 0-2, instead of 2-0, no problem. If you switch the axes, then the same problem ocurrs on the x-axis. Right now, I can't see any way to fix it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Could you post an example worksheet.

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to do that. Is there a way to attache the file? Or do I have to create an image of the worksheet?

You can attach a file by selecting 'Use advanced editor' in the top right corner of the reply box.

Mike

The file is attached.

It's a bug. If you make the y-axis go 0-2, instead of 2-0, no problem. If you switch the axes, then the same problem ocurrs on the x-axis. Right now, I can't see any way to fix it.

wayne
3-Visitor
(To:RichardJ)

Yup, a bug, an upside down bug.

But, if you see the world as a structural engineer, and not a geotechnical engineer, all is good.

tmp.gif

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:wayne)

Yup, a bug, an upside down bug.

Unless it's on the x-axis, in which case it's a backwards bug

Some possible workarounds are in the attached.

Alan

Top Tags