cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problem with collapsible area and page break

TikkaMasala
11-Garnet

Problem with collapsible area and page break

Hi

When I have a collapsible area followed by a page break and I close the area,

empty pages remain above the page break (see attached file with an example).

I didn't have this problem with Mathcad 15.

In addition with Mathcad 15 I was able to set page breaks inside a collapsible area, which is very

handy option when the collapsible area is relatively large. To my understanding naming of areas is also missing from Prime...

Any ideas how to solve these problems? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

What version of Mathcad Prime are you using?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:VladimirN)

The attached file is a Prime 7 file...

Yes, I'm using Prime 7

I have this problem, too. I've been hoping that PTC fixes the page formatting issues since 2017. 

I work around this by starting my large area on a new page and making sure that the area extends to the bottom of whatever page it lands on.

Are these issues with collapsible areas fixed in Prime 8? If collapsible areas are large, it would be very handy to be able to set page breaks inside them.

@TikkaMasala wrote:

Are these issues with collapsible areas fixed in Prime 8? If collapsible areas are large, it would be very handy to be able to set page breaks inside them.

I can't see any evidence that Areas have been improved in Mathcad Prime 8.   If an Area can be named, it's not obvious how to do it, Areas can't be inserted into an Area, and page breaks cannot be inserted; indeed, the Area and Page Break buttons in the Ribbon are greyed out.

I can't see any Area upgrade plans on the Mathcad Prime roadmap.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-Mathcad-Prime-Roadmap-2021-update/m-p/738684

Stuart

Still not addressed in Prime 9.0.

What 3rd party vendor forced the demise of Mathcad 15? Prime is awful.

I dunno if I'm allowed to say it, but if you look at which company currently owns the MuPAD symbolic solver that was in Mathcad 15 and older versions of Mathcad Prime, that should help.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags