cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problems with interpolating data in Mathcad

AK_10948685
4-Participant

Problems with interpolating data in Mathcad

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with interpolating data in Mathcad. Please see the attached file. In Excel, I have defined materials and temperatures. I want to replicate this in Mathcad so that when I select the material and temperature, the corresponding stress value is automatically displayed. Additionally, for temperatures ranging from 100 to 250, if I select a temperature like 120, the stress value should be determined through interpolation based on the material and temperature.

I have also attached my Mathcad file. I approached this in two ways: The first method works for standard temperatures like 100 and 150 but shows an error if I select a temperature like 120 that is not explicitly defined. The second method involves interpolation but only for one material. If I have multiple materials, I have to repeat the process for each one.

If anyone has encountered and solved this issue before, please let me know.

note - these materials and temperatures are not standard and are used only for demonstration purposes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simply use

Werner_E_0-1718362442850.png

in your second method!

The row selector choses row #a in the data matrix corresponding to the material selected via the drop down and the transpose operator turns the row vector into a column vector which is needed for "linterp" to work.

You may also bypass the definition of the variable "m" and use that expression directly in the "linterp" function:

Werner_E_1-1718362668107.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Simply use

Werner_E_0-1718362442850.png

in your second method!

The row selector choses row #a in the data matrix corresponding to the material selected via the drop down and the transpose operator turns the row vector into a column vector which is needed for "linterp" to work.

You may also bypass the definition of the variable "m" and use that expression directly in the "linterp" function:

Werner_E_1-1718362668107.png

AK_10948685
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Werner,

Thanks for this solution. I made some changes, according to me. Please see the attached Mathcad file.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:AK_10948685)

image.png

AK_10948685
4-Participant
(To:ttokoro)

Hi ttokoro,

This is a good idea. We can plot a graph. I will use this.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:AK_10948685)

image.png f/ MPa for 2220 MPa line.

Top Tags