cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Programming Challenge - Project Euler - Problem 10

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Programming Challenge - Project Euler - Problem 10

There are a number of mathematica and programming websites that pose interesting problems for people to solve using their language of choice.   Mathcad seems poorly represented in these challenges, in part because of the difficulty of presenting a Mathcad solution in sites that expect primarily textual solutions (ie, using a "conventional" programming language).   To give people a chance to demonstrate their Mathcad skills and present interesting/efficient/zany techniques, I thought it might be useful to present some of the problems here.

I've started with a simple one: Project Euler, Problem 10: Find the sum of all the primes below two million.

https://projecteuler.net/problem=10

If you want to contribute a solution, then you'll have to register with Project Euler.

----------------------------------

One thing that becomes apparent very quickly (and has long been apparent to more experience Mathcad users) is that there are a number of areas where Mathcad allows for simple, easily-readable solution (obviously so, in some instances, .... almost cheatingly so, in fact).   However, there are also many instances where Mathcad makes it a real pain-in-the-neck to solve a problem, array handling being a case in point - Это действительно очень раздражает!   

Stuart

4 REPLIES 4

In school: Дети, в каких простых годах жил наш великий поэт Пушкин?

Nice.   Perhaps more germane ...

Poor Sophie really did die in her Prime.

I wonder which mathematician or physicist (sorry, I'm showing my bias here), lived through the greatest number of primes?

Stuart

Mathcad 15

Top Tags