cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Programming Iterative Curve Fitting

Gabbro19
1-Newbie

Programming Iterative Curve Fitting

Greetings!

I am a novice Prime 3 user of programming functionality. The attached file contains two tables with multiple arrays of varying length. My objective is to derive best curve fits for each pair of array columns, T0, P0 , in this example (366 pairs total), and output the fit parameters into another table. As a means of checking each curve fit, I will examine each graphically. This task would appear to be reasonably simple using programming but setting up the iteration and output is a tall hurdle at the moment. Thanks!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A pity you didn't adapt the READEXCEL calls in your sheet.

Anyway, see if the attached file helps.

BTW - what does the data represent?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You might consider posting the data file (or at least a simplified data file) as well.

BTW, why do you want all the 366 triples of fit parameters in one array? You wouldn't be able to examine all at once anyway.

Thank you for your response Werner. The attached file contains abbreviated arrays at the bottom of the page as an example.

Output of the fit parameter triplets (as three arrays) in another table will enable me to perform manipulations in another application. I intend to graphically examine each array pair to assess the fit (I know, manually intensive but necessary).

Tom

Still no data file! Without data the sheet is not working. Using READEXCEL does not embed the data in the sheet.

Werner - Attached is an Excel file of the abbreviated data set if this is more convenient. Thanks!

Tom

A pity you didn't adapt the READEXCEL calls in your sheet.

Anyway, see if the attached file helps.

BTW - what does the data represent?

Werner - Brilliant! And elegant! My fumbling approach was off in the thistles... Many thanks, and for your patience.

The data represent 7-day maximum daily temperatures and probabilities.

Cheers!

Tom

The data represent 7-day maximum daily temperatures and probabilities.

I was curious as of the reciproke 1/P on the abscissa.

Ah, yes. The reciprocal translates to a return inverval in years for the 7-day maximum average temperature on a specific day of the year.

Top Tags