cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Programming error: row limits? bug?

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Programming error: row limits? bug?

This seems odd. I'm using a program to drop values into matrices.  It works wonderfully - until I get to a matrix 16 items long.  Then I get an error.  

2017-07-21_14-25-43.png

Here's a rather pointless example.  Suffice it to say it happens regardless of how many variables I return, or whether or not I use a matrix inside the program.  Tried it a bunch of ways to only get the same result: Exceed 16 rows and get an error.

This version works fine:

2017-07-21_14-36-44.png

And here's the same thing with one more row (r[i)

2017-07-21_14-30-33.png

Thoughts? 4.0 attached.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJF)

Suffice it to say it happens regardless of how many variables I return, or whether or not I use a matrix inside the program.

What do you mean by this? Using a matrix works fine:

Pic1.png

But otherwise I can only confrim that I experience the very same error in Prime 3.0, too. Was too lazy so far to give it a try in Mathcad 15.

I would call it a bug and here is a workaround (don't ask me why it works or why it fails when we assign the result to a vector):

Pic2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Suffice it to say it happens regardless of how many variables I return, or whether or not I use a matrix inside the program.

What do you mean by this? Using a matrix works fine:

Pic1.png

But otherwise I can only confrim that I experience the very same error in Prime 3.0, too. Was too lazy so far to give it a try in Mathcad 15.

I would call it a bug and here is a workaround (don't ask me why it works or why it fails when we assign the result to a vector):

Pic2.png

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Werner_E)

>What do you mean by this? Using a matrix works fine:

I meant that I had set it up so [ a b c d...] <- matrix (ie. a, b, c, d were in a matrix.  I also tried it typing everything in row by row (e.g. a[i <- matrix[0).  More typing, same result.  Or that if I returned all variables (a..q) I got the same results as (a,b,q) only.  Things that shouldn't (and don't) matter.  

But all that doesn't matter now.

The workaround seems to fix it.  You've saved my weekend.  Hooray. 

Thanks again.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

OK - I was curious and tried in MC15. No Problem!

So its a new bug by PTC Prime.

Pic.png

Top Tags