cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Question regarding READPRN

eakgn
1-Newbie

Question regarding READPRN

I am able to successfully import data via a text file (.txt) by using this READPRN command. However when the .txt file changes (i.e. data change), the import matrix in MathCAD is not automatically updated. I need to close the program down and re-open to have the updated numbers.

The question here is, whether if there is a nicer way to do this? Another command maybe?

I know I can always do right click “disable evaluation” and “enable evaluation”, but the problem is I open/use this Mathcad sheet through an easy batch code for an another program, so mouse commands are not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:eakgn)

Select the READPRN statement and hit F9.

eakgn
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Thank you for the reply. I didn't know about F9 and in future it will help me for sure.

But it is unfortunetly not helpful for the above stated problem. I am trying to automize a process and I want MathCAD to do this refresh job (F9) either automatically or by an another command.

So far I am able to accomplish this by using following batch codes:

start "C:...\main.xmcd"

taskkill mathcad.exe

But closing & opening mathcad every time in order to refresh some data is brutal and I am looking for a nicer solution.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:eakgn)

Mathcad is not the right piece of software to automate a process. There's no way to make it continuously poll an input and update when the input changes. It's simply not designed to do that.

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Announcements

Top Tags