cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Range Variable Vector as a Function Problem

promano
1-Newbie

Range Variable Vector as a Function Problem

Hi,

I'm defining a range variable L which goes from 20cm to 100cm with a step of 20cm.

This "vector" has 5 rows, so i defined another range variable "k" which goes from 0 to 4.

Then I define this time a real vector with one column and 5 rows, and manually insert L[0 + e , L[1 + e , ... and I defined this as a function of "e". This worked.

BUT if i try to automatically create this vector, this doesn't work.

I mean, I write : (R(e))[k := L[k + e , and the error "A Name is Required".

The Program is attached.

This is a simplified model of what i need to create. Because my real "k" doesn't go from 0 to 4, but from 0 to 1400 since my real L is much larger. But i can't write manually each row of the vector R(e).

Someone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:promano)

You defined L as a range, and referred to it correctly as a " vector" (quotes intended!). Note that L is NOT  a vector, so you cannot address individual values of this range  (I'm expressly not using the term 'elements').

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:promano)

You defined L as a range, and referred to it correctly as a " vector" (quotes intended!). Note that L is NOT  a vector, so you cannot address individual values of this range  (I'm expressly not using the term 'elements').

Success!

Luc

Thank you

Top Tags