cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Read results from another mathcad file

wkhalid
1-Newbie

Read results from another mathcad file

Hi

Can I read results from another mathcad file?

If yes HOW?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:wkhalid)

Here is one simplistic way.

Save all the document to your hardrive and ensure the path are correct by right clicking the icon within the sheet and selecting the .txt file.

There are many ways to achieve this and I'm sure the collabs will come back with there preferred method.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You can export the results to a format of your choice and then read them into the new file. I tend to use .txt or .xls format.

How to export results:

For example: x=256kN so it will be used into another mathcad file as an input.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Here is one simplistic way.

Save all the document to your hardrive and ensure the path are correct by right clicking the icon within the sheet and selecting the .txt file.

There are many ways to achieve this and I'm sure the collabs will come back with there preferred method.

You forgot about the possibility of insert definitions from another worksheet (in main menu select "Insert" -> "Reference"):

Pic_2.png

Pic_3.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I didn't forgot Vladimir, I did think about suggesting that method then thought against it as I don't use it

Top Tags