cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Repeating data plot

Mathcad111
11-Garnet

Repeating data plot

how to plot repeated value ?

Eg:

for example i want to plot sin wave, i have values for 0-90 degree and i want to plot for 90-180 degree by reversing same data and so on till 360 degree or (0 to 2pi).

In the 1st graph, AA=[0,0.99,0.98,0.97,...1],size of AA is 20and i'm just repeating by modifying same data "AA" 

math2.pngmath.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think? the function you are looking for is "stack".  Doing this you loose the four colours.

I have generated AA from Sin as I am not retying your AA by hand.

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Mathcad111)

Like this:

LM_20180420_Plot.png

Success!
Luc

No, i don't want to use sin function ("sin") without using "sin" but using set of values like "AA" only,

Note: only values of "AA" and i want to do all the operations on programming it self not on graph,

Ex:

math4.png math3.png

Hi,

Like this then?

Cheers

Terry

math4.pngThanks for reply please look my modified reply above ! i need like that

Hi,

I think? the function you are looking for is "stack".  Doing this you loose the four colours.

I have generated AA from Sin as I am not retying your AA by hand.

Cheers

Terry

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Don't be silly.

I just used the sin function to generate the array AA. How you get to any AA is up to you.

I showed you how to plot the data using the inverse and reverse once the AA data is known.

Success!
Luc

i have uploaded mathcad file and please check ! i explained my prob. clearly !   

terryhendicott- Thanks a lot but how to get continuous waves, i want to repeat that same wave for my entire "t"   please look once my mathcad file 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Continuing on my first answer: change the plot parameters like this:

LM_20180420_Plot1.png

Success!
Luc

yes i understand wat u want to say but i need it in my mathcad file because there is some problem for ex: if i use AA[t] in y axis and [t] in x axis it's not working that's the problem ! please check my mathcad file once.    

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Is your 't' a range, or a vector?

Note that:

A range is a list of successive number that you create by typing

t:0,1;5

to get:

t:=0,1..5

A vector is a list of items (not necessary numbers, not necessary successive) that you can index ( with a range variable for example) You can create a vector T for example by typing:

T[t:t^2

to get:

Tt:=t²

and using the range t from above, T would have elements 0, 1, 4, 9, 16 and 25.

You cannot index a vector with a vector.

Success!
Luc

Thank you for support helps lot!

Not sure what you a really trying to do. Maybe the following can help.

Your approach seems to ignore the obvious phase shift seen in what you call "original signal".

Other approaches which come to mind are Fourier transform or maybe even a fit with a sine (you may use genfit for doing so).

B1.png

Top Tags