cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Result - units bug?

spaco
3-Visitor

Result - units bug?

I attached a file with two types of result: inline and individual.

On inline result, the units are not displayed.

This is a "feature" or a bug?

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:spaco)

Works this way

Clipboard01.jpg

Very strange.

It must be a bug. If you add the 'otherwise' condition it doesn't return ther unit.

Clipboard01.jpg

I agree that it has to be called a bug.

If you add "m" in the unit placeholder after the 6, Mathcad accepts it without adjusting it with a 1/m. Also putting in other length units causes Mathcad to correctly adjust the number displayed.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Also putting in other length units causes Mathcad to correctly adjust the number displayed.

Mathcad also adjusts the output when dividing h by metres, so it is holding the unit within the program.

Yes, Mathcad "knows" the correct unit of the result (otherwise the individual display of l.s wouldn't work), its "simply" a display bug.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Clipboard01.jpg

Very strange the way it only displays the correct unit when the condition is on the bottom line of a program.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Huuu - thats weird.

Its worse than I thought.

Mathcad would happily accepts any unit in the placehoder of the inline evaluation and even "adjusts" the number if its not a base unit.

11.02.png

RogerYeh
1-Newbie

And to add yet another angle, it shows up fine on my machine.... Are you all on M030? I'm on M020, so I'm guessing something changed with the M030 release. I'll report to R&D.

Untitled.png

Yes, at least I am on M030

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RogerYeh)

Yes I'm also on M030

Top Tags