cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Root function for series of variables in MATHCAD 15

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Root function for series of variables in MATHCAD 15

I may be asking too much, but I have a general question about using the root function in a series of variables and constants.  For example, how can I program the following in MATHCAD 15 to find the roots xi of the function Fi where

i=1…5

Fi = (1+Ki*xi)*(xi*cot(xi)-1) + B

Ki = known constants for all i

B is known constant 

Thanks for any help.

Reg

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Would have been better if you would have set up a sample worksheet providing the necessary definitions and values and posted it here.

Basically you make K a second argument of the function F and turn the call to the root function into a function of K.

Hope you can use the same guess value (or the same range for x) for all possible values of K.

Werner_E_0-1693265680112.png

And because your function has an infinite number of zeros you may also consider making the guess value for x an additional argument for the function sol. So you can find some different zeros for the same value of K (in the pic below I had chosen K=3).

Werner_E_0-1693266707898.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Would have been better if you would have set up a sample worksheet providing the necessary definitions and values and posted it here.

Basically you make K a second argument of the function F and turn the call to the root function into a function of K.

Hope you can use the same guess value (or the same range for x) for all possible values of K.

Werner_E_0-1693265680112.png

And because your function has an infinite number of zeros you may also consider making the guess value for x an additional argument for the function sol. So you can find some different zeros for the same value of K (in the pic below I had chosen K=3).

Werner_E_0-1693266707898.png

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks much.  That really helped.

Reg
Top Tags