cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Rounding up a calculated number in Mathcad Prime 7.0

wbelden
3-Visitor

Rounding up a calculated number in Mathcad Prime 7.0

The number I am calculating is in psi and I  want to round up to the nearest 50 psi, how do I accomplish this in mathcad prime 7.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:wbelden)

This ask inspired me to publish our "Truncation and Rounding" video ahead of schedule on the Mathcad YouTube channel:

Hope this helps and is informative as well!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@wbelden wrote:

The number I am calculating is in psi and I  want to round up to the nearest 50 psi, how do I accomplish this in mathcad prime 7.0?

Use the rounding and truncation function Ceil (not ceil).  I've used 25 psi in the example below.

StuartBruff_0-1643839452011.png

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r7.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Ftruncation_and_rounding_functions.html%23

Stuart

thanks stuart, very helpful

DJNewman
17-Peridot

This ask inspired me to publish our "Truncation and Rounding" video ahead of schedule on the Mathcad YouTube channel:

Hope this helps and is informative as well!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags