cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Runtime Error - Mathcad

Shanmugam18
2-Guest

Runtime Error - Mathcad

I got 30 days trial version of Mathcad & installed in my machine successfully. but when i open Mathcad it shows runtime error. For reference i attached jpeg image also. If anybody knows the answer please help me.
5 REPLIES 5

That often means that the prereqs were not installed. Check that you have the proper version of .NET installed (later versions of .NET do not replace earlier versions) and the XML support.

Thanks Tom. I tried to install dotnetfx.exe in PreReq it says Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one.

Strange. What versions of .NET do you have installed? You may have to remove previous released of the .NET version and install the latest one. IIRC MC14 needs .NET 3.5. You probably cannot have more than one .NET version 3 variant on your system.

I have the exact same problem. Worked OK at first, then I had to update .NET framework for other programs to run, now MathCAD wont run. From Add/Reomve programs I have the following versions of the .NET framework. 2.0 Servicepack 2 3.0 Servicepack 2 3.5 SP1 Dont want to uninstall servicepacks and potentially ceate new problems elsewhere.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3229031)

Which version of dotnet you need depends on which flavor of 14 you are running. I have 1.1 2.0 Service Pack 2.0 3.0 Service Pack 2.0 3.5 SP1 MC14 M030 runs fine. Which service release do you have? Richard
Announcements

Top Tags