cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Runtime Error. Recovery Worksheet Help?

PedroTavares
1-Newbie

Runtime Error. Recovery Worksheet Help?

I'm having a runtime error that's crashing MathCAD when I open a worksheet. My google-fu led me to this topic:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/91125

and I downloaded the recovery worksheet posted by Stuart. I'm not getting any results out of it, though.

I placed the worksheet in the same root folder as my file and specified the filename of the file. I tried it with and without the extension, with and without the path and everything inbetween. It doesn't seem to populate. What am I doing wrong?

13 REPLIES 13
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PedroTavares)

What version of Mathcad and OS are you running?

Mike

MathCAD 14. Windows XP.

Which version of 14?

M020

What type of file is it (.mcd, .xmcdz, .xmcd)?

.xmcd

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PedroTavares)

Can you post the worksheet?

Mike

no, I'm afraid not. Should I able to find the corrupted region of the file with that recovery worksheet?

no, I'm afraid not. Should I able to find the corrupted region of the file with that recovery worksheet?

Yes. The instructions are at the start of the worksheet. It should tell you how many regions it converted when it reads the ,xmcd file. Does it get that far?

no, I input the name of the worksheet and nothing seems to happen.

What does it say here?

number of regions converted.gif

I got it to create the test file, finally. Unfortunately, the test file also crashes.

rows(rgns) = 2589

Sure it crashes, because it still contains the region (or possibly regions, but it's most likely only one region) that is causing the problem. You have a lot of regions, but if you use a divide and conquer approach you can still find the offending region fairly quickly. So eliminate the second half of the regions, and see if the test file loads. If it does, eliminate the last quarter of the regions. If it doesn't, eliminate the first half of the regions and keep the second half, etc, etc.

Top Tags