cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Save prime 8.0 mcdx as prime 5.0?

relayman357
10-Marble

Save prime 8.0 mcdx as prime 5.0?

How can someone with Prime 5.0 open/convert a Prime 8.0 mcdx file so they can open?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:relayman357)

I don't think MathCAD files are downward compatible.

You would have to cut and paste the information from Prime8 into a Prime5 session.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I don't think MathCAD files are downward compatible.

You would have to cut and paste the information from Prime8 into a Prime5 session.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Any Prime 8 file can be opened with Prime 8 Express, for which you do not need a license.

If you only want to view, you can install Prime 8, without license, preferably on a different PC than the one that runs a fully licensed Prime 5, and open the file there. If you were smart enough to save the installation source of Prime 5, you can install Prime 5 express next to Prime 8 express on that machine, and then copy the regions over from Prime 8 to a new Prime 5 file and save that file. Then you can copy the Prime 5 file you just created over to the other machine.

The reason for not installing Prime 8 express on the machine with licensed Prime 5 is that doing so may break some functionality of Prime 5, notably: the Mathcad to Prime converter.

Success!
Luc

Can you install Prime 8.0 Express alongside existing install of Prime 5.0 without problem?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The installation should proceed without problem; you end up with Prime 8 express next to Prime 5 on the same machine, and you can run them simultaneously. (You can have all existing versions of Prime on the same machine and running together with one exception: you cannot have Prime 3 and Prime 3.1 on the same machine.) 

The question is whether or not you loose the functionality of Mathcad to Prime file conversion. If you don't need that conversion, I'd say: go ahead.

Success!
Luc

Announcements

Top Tags