cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Setting Plot Range for worksheet

jakoblth
1-Newbie

Setting Plot Range for worksheet

Hi guys,

I have the following problem:

I want to plot several simple polynomial functions in several xy plots and add them to a worksheet that was created by somebody else.

The problem I have is that even when I set all axis properly and check that my functions are properly defined for all x-values Mathcad only plots down till x=0.2. However, Im also interested in the interval 0-0.2.

The strange thing is that when I copy-paste the stuff into a new worksheet all works well.

So I assume that in the worksheet Im dealing with there is some pre-setting where you limit the plot range to a lower bound of 0.2 .

But where can I find and change this setting??

Thanks alot for replys and Happy New Year!

(Mathcad 14 btw, file can be pm'ed if necessary)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jakoblth)

There is no worksheet setting, per se, that controls plot limits. The plot itself has such settings, but not the worksheet. Without seeing the worksheet this is just a guess, but perhaps you have a range variable defined for x above the plot. If you plot a function of x vs x, and x is not defined anywhere in the worksheet, then you get a Quiclplot ever a predefined range of -10 to 10. You can then adjust the range by putting values in the placeholders at the end of the axes. However, if you define x as a range variable before the plot then x is plotted for those values of x. If that's not the problem, then you need to post the offending worksheet.

As something of an aside, defining the range of a plot using a range variable is more reliable than using the Quickplot feature, and is the way I would recommend you do most plots.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jakoblth)

There is no worksheet setting, per se, that controls plot limits. The plot itself has such settings, but not the worksheet. Without seeing the worksheet this is just a guess, but perhaps you have a range variable defined for x above the plot. If you plot a function of x vs x, and x is not defined anywhere in the worksheet, then you get a Quiclplot ever a predefined range of -10 to 10. You can then adjust the range by putting values in the placeholders at the end of the axes. However, if you define x as a range variable before the plot then x is plotted for those values of x. If that's not the problem, then you need to post the offending worksheet.

As something of an aside, defining the range of a plot using a range variable is more reliable than using the Quickplot feature, and is the way I would recommend you do most plots.

Wow ok, it was really a problem with limiting the range of x somewhere in the beginning.

Thanks a lot for the fast and helpful response!

Announcements

Top Tags