cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Simultaneous equation symbolic solver problem

SamW
1-Newbie

Simultaneous equation symbolic solver problem

I am trying to use the symbolic solver in Mathcad to solve three simultaneous equations. I have done this using the numeric solver and am trying to check the results.

The attached sheet shows my attempt at this, but when I insert values for the variables I get different answers depending on which equation I use. I think the way I am trying to use the solver allows Mathcad to take values from the wrong place.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help.

Many thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:SamW)

Unfortunately, I'monly going to confuse the issue further.

If you put the three equations into a matrix (3 X 1), then you can solve for a 3 X 1 matrix of RL, RU, and Pw; The result "is too large to display, but can be used if assigned to a function. In the attached sheet (rev A) I have done that, look for the red.

That function can be evaluated for your conditions. It does not, however, give the results you plotted.

There was a discussion about how to raise the size of what could be displayed. I can see the expressions for RL and RU, but Pw is still too large.

Good luck!

F

AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:SamW)

Hi,

Attached is a sheet with symbolic equations assigned to supplementary variables.

Hopefully I haven't disturbed the basic (initial) equations, but there are 2 differences noted in the results.

Without knowing the derivation its difficult to say if these are 'correct' but the R.l & R.h values are matched so a step closer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Top Tags