cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Soft Page Break Halfway Down Page

NSizzle-disable
1-Newbie

Soft Page Break Halfway Down Page

I was finishing off a worksheet which has taken a while to say the least when I encounter this problem. I set the page set-up margins and everything is hunky dory - all my work is well spaced on different pages as desired.

However when I went to the prin preview about halfway through a page it just cut off and then missed the other next page out completely. Strange thing is that it continued fine after that.

What can I do to get it back to normal?

Thanks,

Neil

Also, everytime I load up the sheet (before the aforementioned problem) the spacing seems to change EVERY TIME so I have to manually go through and correct it so the pages are correct. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Mike,

I've just done another check and there are no overlying text regions. Also, I forgot to add, after printing (or just selecting print preview) the soft page breaks change.

What I mean by this is that I set all margins to 19.98mm and based my work around those softr page breaks. I only worked down the way and never strayed accidentally into the next page to the right.

The soft page break just inserts itself halfway through the page it should be at the end of, then there is a full size page space between that and the next soft page break, then another half width page between the next soft page break.

Then the worksheet continues fine again. The first half-page occurs around the 7th page.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Mike,

I tried copying it to another sheet and the same thing happened. And I'm afraid I can't forward it to you as it's technically confidential.

Is there any way to manually delete soft page breaks?

Thanks,

Neil

You may think you didn't stray off to the right, but somewhere you have a region that is causing this. If you haven't already done so, go to the "view" menu and select "regions". The background of the sheet will turn gray (or grey, in the UK 😉 ) so you can see the regions easier. If a region is within a few pixels of the right side of the page it might actually cause this (a known bug).

Richard

Also make sure you have "Print single page width" selected in FILE | PAGE SETUP.

Thanks,
Preston

25.4 top/down, left/right is a good setup, it allows header/footer.
Then adjust the print preview margins to respect the work sheet.

jmG

OK, print single page width seems to have solved it. Thanks everybody!

Neil
Top Tags