cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Solveblock with forloop??

AL_10844378
3-Visitor

Solveblock with forloop??

Hi
I've just got an assignment in school, where I've to determine the design factor 'z' to a given failure probability.
This baisically means that I have to find the lowest value of beta (vector containing of u values) that in combination with design parameter z gives an failure function which is equal to zero.
Want to make a loop which can check for all values of z in the interval of 1 and 7. Is that possible?

AL_10844378_0-1698956382824.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can turn the solve block into a function u(z).

Then you can calculate the vector u for any value of z.

A second solve block with "find" or the "root" function (less space consuming and less ugly looking) then could be used to find a solution z of the equation u(z)-beta=0. No need for the for-loop you suggested - let Primes algorithms do the iteration work.

For future questions you should always attach your worksheet and state which version of Prime you are using (especially if you are not using the latest (at the time being thats Prime 9).

Werner_E_1-1698960701751.png

Werner_E_2-1698961713124.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You can turn the solve block into a function u(z).

Then you can calculate the vector u for any value of z.

A second solve block with "find" or the "root" function (less space consuming and less ugly looking) then could be used to find a solution z of the equation u(z)-beta=0. No need for the for-loop you suggested - let Primes algorithms do the iteration work.

For future questions you should always attach your worksheet and state which version of Prime you are using (especially if you are not using the latest (at the time being thats Prime 9).

Werner_E_1-1698960701751.png

Werner_E_2-1698961713124.png

Top Tags