cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Store permanently combobox values.

Sebastien1
1-Newbie

Store permanently combobox values.

Using Script with a combo box object, is there a way to store the last selected value in the worksheet, so it can be retained the next time the worksheet file is opened?

I see saving it into an outside file (.txt, .prn, or .csv) as an option, but is would not be practical in my workgroup environment.

Can I change a variable definition:

if I start a worksheet with:

a:=10

Can I script to change it into a:=15 for example... Like after the file is saved, the value is retained.

I could also use the Combobox script to initialize to the last saved value...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Sebastien1)

In addition to the thread Wayne pointed you to, see here:Saving the state of controls.zip

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sebastien Billaut wrote:

Using Script with a combo box object, is there a way to store the last selected value in the worksheet, so it can be retained the next time the worksheet file is opened?

I see saving it into an outside file (.txt, .prn, or .csv) as an option, but is would not be practical in my workgroup environment.

Can I change a variable definition:

if I start a worksheet with:

a:=10

Can I script to change it into a:=15 for example... Like after the file is saved, the value is retained.

I could also use the Combobox script to initialize to the last saved value...

Please see this thread

http://communities.ptc.com/message/45792#45792

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Sebastien1)

In addition to the thread Wayne pointed you to, see here:Saving the state of controls.zip

Top Tags