cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Stress-Strain plot using mathcad prime

Teddy
11-Garnet

Stress-Strain plot using mathcad prime

Can anyone help me with a simple programing to help me plot my stress-strain plot. I am really bad at programming, and I hope you could give me some pointers. Already tried watching tutorials and I still do not know how to proceed, Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Teddy)

The problem is the function f.C1 because you used square brackets. Using square brackets creates a matrix which is not what you want.

So use normal parentheses and the sheet works.

Werner_E_0-1684708471399.png

But your range variable epsilon.C consists of only four numbers (0, 0.001, 0.002 and 0.003) and so your plot is just connecting four points.

Werner_E_1-1684708499113.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Teddy)

The problem is the function f.C1 because you used square brackets. Using square brackets creates a matrix which is not what you want.

So use normal parentheses and the sheet works.

Werner_E_0-1684708471399.png

But your range variable epsilon.C consists of only four numbers (0, 0.001, 0.002 and 0.003) and so your plot is just connecting four points.

Werner_E_1-1684708499113.png

Teddy
11-Garnet
(To:Werner_E)

But how do i plot the function with a smoother curve? 

Hi

Change the square brackets, and plot using a mid range of 0.0001 not 0.001Capture.JPG

Do you mind if I ask another plotting problem? I want to plot a Moment - rho graph and I don't know how to plot it. How do I plot it with only using equation for both limits that have a dependent variable rho in its nominal moment.

Thank you.

Teddy_1-1684766756648.png

Hi,

Please include the worksheet which allows us to work with the sheet to answer your questions.

The two moment equations are equivalent.

Capture.JPG

What if my I have a limit that is rho min which is equal to 1.4/Fy and rho max which is equal to rho bal that is why in my previous program it has limits on its rho. Thank you.

Hi.

Don't put your math regions embedded behind a text block as it makes it very hard to edit,  Use units on the variables in math region not on foreground text block

Capture.JPG

Change your range variable

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1684772736910.png

A range variable construct is simple:  "start here", "second point", , , :"stop here"

so the second point (minus the first) sets the step delta.  You currently have a three number range variable, Changing to the above gives a finer division of points to draw straight lines thru,

Top Tags