cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Suggestion for Mathcad Prime 10

MW_10206144
5-Regular Member

Suggestion for Mathcad Prime 10

I would like to make a suggestion for Mathcad Prime 10!  Not sure if it would work but I would like it to perform the following.

When typing in an equation I would like to be able to just click on a previous variable definition and have it automatically copied into the placeholder of the equation I am typing. 

Often I use long variable names, retyping them is prone to error and takes too long.  My normal course of action is to go out of the equation, highlight the variable name from a previous section, go back to the equation and then paste into the placeholder.  This is better than retyping but very clunky, if I could just point and click...ahhh, MathCad nirvana!!

Thanks

PS perhaps someone knows a better way already?

8 REPLIES 8

A dynamic context menu like in SMath Solver might be an option, too

Werner_E_0-1683193274382.png

Please submit your idea to the "Mathcad ideas" section, so that other forum members can vote on it.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MW_10206144)

You're not the first to have this idea.

I guess this one is at least similar: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Ideas/tab-completion/idi-p/867678

Success!
Luc

That one also got archived because it apparently didn't have enough information in it to satisfy the Community team, so a new Idea submission is still quite valid.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DJNewman)

'didn't lack enough information': So not enough information was missing from it...?

In other words, it had too much information. PTC got overwhelmed, so they couldn't process the idea, and decided to park it.

Luc

Hah... in other words, I had a double negative and have now edited it.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
mmartel
4-Participant
(To:MW_10206144)

I would like to make simple drawings and shapes to go along with my calculations and dont what to have to insert or paste a screen shot of another program.

Top Tags