cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Symbolic Result Too Large To Display

ptc-5055345
1-Newbie

Symbolic Result Too Large To Display

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum but I cannot seem to find a solution to my particular problem. I get the "symbolic result too large to display..." error when using a given/find solve block. No real issue at this point. However breaking down the result into smaller pieces has been helpful for others but in my case I still get the "symbolic result too large to display..." error even on these smaller pieces. This is where it's a probelm for me.

I tried using simplify, factor, etc... but none of those seem to work. Ultimately I want to be able to assign result to functions that can be evaluated numerically. However before I do that I need to use substitutions, etc... to get the into a useable form. Doing this without being able to actually see the result will be problematic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using Mathcad V14.0.0.163 (build 701291152).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something so simple makes such a significant contribution. I was able to further "improve" by collecting on the "s" terms. Now all equations show with exception of Ve.

As an aside, writing the V1 and V2 equations in terms of Vcm and Vdm results in the equations becoming "too large to display" again. Not a big deal to keep them in terms of V1 and V2 though.

Thanks for all of your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

See if the approach in the attached file would help.Two of your solve variables still are too large to display.

Thatnk you very much for your response! At first glance it looks like this solution will work for me. I will review more in-depth and update post accordingly. Thanks again!

I just gave it another try and found out, that the only simplification necessary is the merging of R1+R2 resp. R5+R6 into single variables.

This alone will show all solve variables in your original solve block except the two (Va and Ve).

Something so simple makes such a significant contribution. I was able to further "improve" by collecting on the "s" terms. Now all equations show with exception of Ve.

As an aside, writing the V1 and V2 equations in terms of Vcm and Vdm results in the equations becoming "too large to display" again. Not a big deal to keep them in terms of V1 and V2 though.

Thanks for all of your help!

Multiplying V.e with the denominator of V.a give us a sneek peek of what V.e looks like

Top Tags