cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Symbolic equation error?

davidsnelling
1-Newbie

Symbolic equation error?

I am not getting a consistent result from my attempts to apply the symbolic server and I came up with an symbolic solution that appears to be incorrect.

The problem is outlined in the attached short Mathcad file where I have include the result I see as an image in case you see something different.

If someone can take a quick look at the Mathcad sheet and tell me if it is a Mathcad error or am I making a mistake?

4 REPLIES 4

The old Maple engine in MC13 and earlier gives the same answer for the cos(omega*t) expression as the new MuPad engine. Specifically, fr does not disappear from the numerator, therefore your simplification is not possible.

Sorry Richard and Werner that was my error. I should not post when I am tired.

Richard Would you plese run the attached (1 line) Mathcad file with Maple to see if you get the same result as I did with Mathcad 15.0 (M020 [MC15_M020_20121127]).

I have attached the result I see as a metafile.

Here you go.

I don't see why you think that Mathcads expression is wrong and I don't see what you expect as result.

Maybe it helps if you set fr:=1 before you evaluate the expression and then you should Mathcad tell that you want it to simplify - it won't do it on its own. So use simplify, factor or expand and see if you like the result.

Top Tags