cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Symbolic equation error?

davidsnelling
1-Newbie

Symbolic equation error?

I am not getting a consistent result from my attempts to apply the symbolic server and I came up with an symbolic solution that appears to be incorrect.

The problem is outlined in the attached short Mathcad file where I have include the result I see as an image in case you see something different.

If someone can take a quick look at the Mathcad sheet and tell me if it is a Mathcad error or am I making a mistake?

4 REPLIES 4

The old Maple engine in MC13 and earlier gives the same answer for the cos(omega*t) expression as the new MuPad engine. Specifically, fr does not disappear from the numerator, therefore your simplification is not possible.

Sorry Richard and Werner that was my error. I should not post when I am tired.

Richard Would you plese run the attached (1 line) Mathcad file with Maple to see if you get the same result as I did with Mathcad 15.0 (M020 [MC15_M020_20121127]).

I have attached the result I see as a metafile.

Here you go.

I don't see why you think that Mathcads expression is wrong and I don't see what you expect as result.

Maybe it helps if you set fr:=1 before you evaluate the expression and then you should Mathcad tell that you want it to simplify - it won't do it on its own. So use simplify, factor or expand and see if you like the result.

Top Tags