cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Text as default option instead of math

Kivi_Kn
4-Participant

Text as default option instead of math

Is there an option to make default input type text and not math?

I'm doing a machine design course and we have to use Mathcad to calculate the exercises. Majority of the document will therefore be text so it would be more convenient if it was the default option. Meaning that if I just start writing, it'd write text and not math. Math-field could then be activated using [ctrl] [m]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Kivi_Kn)

PTC Mathcad Prime 9 math to text regionPTC Mathcad Prime 9 math to text region

Here's a preview I just recorded of the math to text region feature in (the imminent and upcoming) PTC Mathcad Prime 9, activated with spacebar.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Text is currently [CTRL] [t].

Sometime in March Prime 9 is to be released.

On this forum it has been stated the old Mathcad method of when a space is inserted software understands entering text.

This means as of Prime 9 you simply type and Prime will assign the appropriate region type.  Math by default Text when entering a space between words.

Cheers

Terry

Sounds promising

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Kivi_Kn)

PTC Mathcad Prime 9 math to text regionPTC Mathcad Prime 9 math to text region

Here's a preview I just recorded of the math to text region feature in (the imminent and upcoming) PTC Mathcad Prime 9, activated with spacebar.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags