cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

The result is being rounding up or down

ptc-5206091
1-Newbie

The result is being rounding up or down

Hi -

I have a problem with some of my results made in Mathcad Prime 2.0. The result always is either round up or down and aren't showing the true value - can you help? Look at the attached file please.

Sincerely yours

Danny

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ptc-5206091)

The problem is not that your results only are rounded to the next integer but that every number is rounded when it is used - no decimals are taken in account by any calculation. So you get acos(0.707)=acos(1)=90 deg. There is no option or setting which would create that weird effect so I suspect a corrupt installation of the program and suggest you reinstall Prime (save your license file before you do so).

I remember that we had a similar question here a long time ago (wasn't able to find it at the moment) and as far as I remember the problem was cured by a reinstallation of Mathcad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hard to tell why from a picture. Have you checked your document settings?

Please upload the worksheet.

AndyWesterman
5-Regular Member

As Mike says difficult to tell what the error is but there are 2 major issues with the picture you attached

Here's my rewriting of your sheet:

Capture.PNG

I don't know of any settings that could change the results like this , it could be a new entry for the mathcad madhouse! If so, will it need a new designator?
It will be interesting to find out the reason why.

regards

Andy

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

The problem is not that your results only are rounded to the next integer but that every number is rounded when it is used - no decimals are taken in account by any calculation. So you get acos(0.707)=acos(1)=90 deg. There is no option or setting which would create that weird effect so I suspect a corrupt installation of the program and suggest you reinstall Prime (save your license file before you do so).

I remember that we had a similar question here a long time ago (wasn't able to find it at the moment) and as far as I remember the problem was cured by a reinstallation of Mathcad.

I made a reinstallation and now Mathcad Prime 2.0 works again. But I'm keeping an eye open for a similar situation.

Thank for the replies and suggestion

Announcements

Top Tags