cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

There is the possibility to expand the MATHCAD set of Laplace transforms?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

There is the possibility to expand the MATHCAD set of Laplace transforms?

Considering mathcad A very powerful  calculation tool, I can not accept that in calculating the Laplace transform of the square root of t square, + a-squared, I have to resort to the tables. One can not intervene in some way, for example giving the user the possibility to expand the set of transformed?

Thanks for the attention

Yours sincerely.

F. M.

Ltransform.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Try please

Hi ! in fact I do not understand what you want me to say.

All I know is that those results are incorrect.

But I have never encountered such problems as you can see in my documents in the "electrical engineering", where I make extensive use of the Laplace transform.

Hi Valery!

Not sure what you are doing here.

I don't think, that laplace is broken in Prime. It looks to me as for some reason your variable t is not seen as the independend variable of the transform, so f(t) in both cases is treated as a constant. Not sure why - maybe t is defined otherwise above or its again one of the many problems which arise in Prime because of wrong (automatic) labelling of the variables.

Anyway, there is no problem in Mathcad 15 and I guess it should work the same way in Prime, too, if you label t manually yourself.:

R

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

Mathcad 11:

Internet...

Are you sure your transform is correct?  (Can you prove it...)

Luc

...And Maple 18.

laplaceMaple.png

Viktor

Viktor

Hi, Viktor Korobov! The correction is right, but not the answer I'm looking for.

Greetings

F. M.

Do you know that engineers use (used) slide rules, sorry, logarithmic rule with base 10 but mathematics - with base e (2.71828)!

Joke!

But seriously, the slide rule of algebra is the Laplace transform, which replaces the taking of derivation on multiplication and taking the antiderivative to the division. A Normal slide rule replaces multiplication by addition and division on subtraction.

Prime

.... ah! ah! ah! do you want to imply that the ruler and mathcad .......... ........... are almost equivalent?!?!?!?

The ruler, now, is part of the history of mathematics and engineering, I keep it only as a memory of my youth ... I do not remember even how to use it ...

Greetings

F.M. написал(а):

.... ah! ah! ah! do you want to imply that the ruler and mathcad .......... ........... are almost equivalent?!?!?!?

The ruler, now, is part of the history of mathematics and engineering, I keep it only as a memory of my youth ... I do not remember even how to use it ...

Greetings

and Laplace transform too "is part of the history of mathematics and engineering"

......Is already! this is all nice and ready ...

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

The second transformed must be corrected as follows:

I needed only the first of the two transformed, as I know to be correct. The second transformed, now is                      

correct.

Ltransf2.jpg

fromtables.jpg

Bye

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you for pointing out the inaccuracy of the second L-transformed. In fact the second term at the second member of the transform (in the list of the transforms) is written at the head, which I had not noticed. Thanks again for the tip.

With best regards,

F. M.

Top Tags