cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

To display graphics

ptc-4346041
1-Newbie

To display graphics

Hello,

Can you tell me how to display
Polar Circle on a H88 (f16, tm, faf1 [abcd) ?

or how to display the values ​​ModuleofH81 50 (f16, tm, faf1) on a graph?

and for PhaseofH811 (f16, tm, faf1) ?

This is very important, thank you for your answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4346041)

Where do the H8 and H9 Formulae for come from?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filtre_passe-bas

Empirical Formulae Are They? Yes

Well, I don't see those formulae anywhere in that article. All those formulae are based on physics (i.e. not empirical), and the units therefore work fine.

If the formulae really are empirical, then the only way to make them work with units is to divide each occurrence of tpas3 by the correct unit.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

PLease help me .....

i don't understand that i can't to display :

H88 (f16, tm, faf1 [abcd) ?

ModuleofH81(f16, tm, faf1) ?

and PhaseofH811 (f16, tm, faf1) ?

I want to display the 50 values on 1 graphics for the ModuleofH81(f16, tm, faf1) and not 1 value of 50.

PLease help me ..... THANK YOU VERY MUCH

attached the new file

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

f16 and tm are vectors with 50 elements each.

faf1[abcd is a range variable. In fact, it is a range variable with only one value, 50000. I can change it to a scalar value of 50000 and the functions evaluate to vectors with 50 elements.

faf1 is not defined at all. What is it supposed to be? A vector with 50 elements? If so, what is the range of values?

Maybe I am wrong, but you seem to have an ongoing confusion about the difference between range variables and vectors. They are not interchangeable entities, but completely different things.

Hello,

faf1 and faf2 are like Fn(50.05.10^6Hza,tm)

faf1 and faf2 are used like range variable of 1 to 60000 Hertz for pass low filter witj expression H8(faf1)

if you have any questions, please don't hesitate because I can't find the solution

I await your correction, I thank you in advance

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

A range variable is an iterator. It executes an expression once for each value the range variable takes on. If faf1[abcd is a scalar value your functions return a vector with 50 elements. Therefore if faf1[abcd is a range variable the functions will return a 50 element vector once for each value the range variable takes on. I do not think that is what you want, but I can't correct the worksheet because I don't know what you do want. If faf1[abcd is a scalar, what should the functions return? A scalar or a vector?

here is another version by me with tpas3 correct for filter pass low

but I get the error must have time goal units: unitless

olivier boudigue wrote:

here is another version by me with tpas3 correct for filter pass low

but I get the error must have time goal units: unitless

Olivier,

I've just had a quick glance at it whilst tying my laces, and you appear to be calling H9 with tpas3 having units of time. However, H9 expects the denominator to be unitless - you're adding a scalar (100000) to the result of the expressions involving tpas3 - which implies that fo should have units (of time). Setting fo to unit of time introduces an array dimensional problem ...

Unfortunately, I can't look at it any more as I have finished tying my laces and am now exiting stage right out the front door ...

Stuart

Hello,

I always error This value HAS units: Time units must have purpose: unitless

If someone comes to me correct this error, I would be very grateful.

Attachment, the new file

thank you very much

WHAT DOES IT MEAN : UNITLESS ?

Could you help me to find display problem ?

Thank's.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

WHAT DOES IT MEAN : UNITLESS ?

Exactly what it says.

In your function H9 you have two terms with tpas3/fo. They are raised to different powers and added together. That is only possible if tpas3/fo is unitless. Since fo is unitless, tpas3 must therefore also be unitless.

So I can not display the graph of H9 (tpas3) ?

A concret example , please.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What is fo?

fo is a variable

First case : fo = 80000

Second case : fo2 = 50

25a50MHzuatier.xmcd.zip here my example but it's incorrect

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

80000 what? Hertz? Seconds?

Hertz.

It's a low pass filter of second order.

Fo is a factor of quality;

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I see in the last version of your worksheet yo have removed it form the H8 and H9 functions. If tpas3 has units of time then in the denominator you are trying to add terms with units of time^4, units of time^1/2, and no units. You cannot add terms with different units.

Where do the formulae for H8 and H9 come from? Are they empirical formulae? Are H8 and H8 supposed to have units? Is so, what are they? I'll note that if fo actually has units of time, not frequency, then the formulae that include fo would work if you added units to fo.

Fo is a factor of quality;

there is no unity for fo is a constant. 80000 for the first low pass filter at 50KHz and 50 for the second

filter at 100 Hz.

H8 and H9 are united 'decibels'

Can you show me an example that include fo with units, please

hello,

if you understood my mistake o, do you can to give me an example of a way that I can move forward.

thank you very much

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Well, I don't see those formulae anywhere in that article. All those formulae are based on physics (i.e. not empirical), and the units therefore work fine.

If the formulae really are empirical, then the only way to make them work with units is to divide each occurrence of tpas3 by the correct unit.

Thank you very much

Top Tags