cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Trace Curve from plot

JB_10220769
7-Bedrock

Trace Curve from plot

How to trace the curve on plot. I would like to generate the plot from data which is in my excel sheet 

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:JB_10220769)

You may use interpolation (the simplest is linear interpolation, more elaborate the three flavors of cubic splines) or you may use approximation (Mathcad offers a number of different fit functions and also a generic "genfit"). If you do not want to use the built-in fitting functions you may also use a solveblock with minerr.

And how to import points (x, y and z) from an external file excel file to plot ? I have been trying but cold not find a easy method 

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:JB_10220769)

You can insert an Excel component in your sheet, but personally I find it more convenient and straightforeward to use the READEXCEL function.

BTW, as far as i know all built-in curve fit function would just deal with 2D data. For 3D data you would have to resort to a solve block as already mentioned, I guess.

Hi,

If it is not confidential perhaps you can upload the excel file together with any Prime files you have attempted?

This way better answer with example can be given.

Announcements

Top Tags