cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

UNITS NOT COMPATIBLE WHILE GRAPHING

ppal
17-Peridot

UNITS NOT COMPATIBLE WHILE GRAPHING

HI

CSV DATA FILE and MATHCAD PRIME ATTACHED - ERROR ON PAGE 6. I need to put km "somewhere". Plotting skills limited!.

Thanks for the help.

ppal_0-1640892470943.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ppal)

@ppal wrote:

HI

CSV DATA FILE and MATHCAD PRIME ATTACHED - ERROR ON PAGE 6. I need to put km "somewhere". Plotting skills limited!.

Thanks for the help.

ppal_0-1640892470943.png

dnorm doesn't like units (as Luc also surmised ... I hadn't seen Luc's message before starting to reply) and neither do the limit markers in the plot (?? ... seems odd).

I defined a function numeric to get rid of the units, leaving the numeric value in Mathcad's base units.  I also defined a version of dnorm (with label Variable) that removes units (the built-in one is still available if you use the Function label).   Use numeric in the limit markers as well.

2021 12 30 d.png

Mathcad Prime 7 worksheet attached.

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Prime sure doesn't like the start and end labels of your x-axis (mu-3*sigma  and mu+3*sigma), because they contain units.

Then I wonder if dnorm() allows its parameter values to have units. Can't check because dnorm() is a Premium function, so not supported in Prime Express.

You wonder where to put the km  ? Maybe you should divide mu and sigma by it.

Experiment and find out.

Success!
Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@ppal wrote:

HI

Thanks for the help.

ppal_0-1640892470943.png

dnorm doesn't like units (as Luc also surmised ... I hadn't seen Luc's message before starting to reply) and neither do the limit markers in the plot (?? ... seems odd).

I defined a function numeric to get rid of the units, leaving the numeric value in Mathcad's base units.  I also defined a version of dnorm (with label Variable) that removes units (the built-in one is still available if you use the Function label).   Use numeric in the limit markers as well.

2021 12 30 d.png

Mathcad Prime 7 worksheet attached.

Stuart

Top Tags