cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to edit the input/output variables in an Excel component

ptc-2718280
1-Newbie

Unable to edit the input/output variables in an Excel component

Hi all

I have saved several MathCAD .xmcd files with Excel tables included. After reopening, intermittently I am unable to edit/add/remove any of the input or output variables.

When I right click on the table and select properties, it sometimes opens the input and output ranges but most of the time it will open just the generic variable properties (with the 5 tab headers - Display, Calc, etc. - along the top). Selecting the explicit "Add Input Variable", etc. has no effect.

I have tried it while running Microsoft Excel and also without but that seems to have no effect. I am running MathCAD 15.

Can anyone give me any pointers to prevent this happening please?

Thanks,

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8

In my version 14, if I have just the EXCEL component selected (table or icon) and right-click, I get the "variables" menu, if I drag to have the whole expression selected a right-click gets the standard "properties" menu.

My version 14 worked as you have described with no problems too but I upgraded to version 15 about 6 months ago and this problem has been ongoing since.

Hello!

Please attach your Mathcad worksheet to the message.

The problem is not confined to a single workbook, it happens with most MathCAD files that I open, so I don't see any benefit in attaching a worksheet.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2718280)

What version of Excel are you using.

Mike

Oh I forgot ask what version of M15 are you using?

Mike

Built in version 15. Can you edit the I/O variables?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2718280)

There's always a benefit uploading a worksheet so members can try and duplicate the issue or check you haven't missed something.

Mike

Top Tags